- A trip to the fire station
- A dance performance, play, concert, or trip to a museum -- Or, if you really want to get extravagant, how about season tickets or a membership that you can enjoy together?
- A trip to the swimming pool
- A picnic (indoors or out)
- An offer to teach the recipient something: how to ride a bike, how to play chess, how to do origami
- Read aloud to the recipient (consider making a recording, so they have a tangible record of your time together)
- Go to the movies, or have a movie night at home -- Dante once received a present of an empty popcorn tub with a packet of microwave popcorn, some Hot Tamales, and a Blockbuster gift card
- Ofter to listen, really listen, to anything s/he wants to talk about
- Skip all gifts and take a trip together
- Graffiti the neighborhood together -- Just kidding! (Sorta! It's okay with me if you do really cool, artistic, politically astute and graphically compelling graffiti with stencils. The police and your neighbors may disagree, however)
Wasted Food Dude–Backyard Methane??
2 months ago